Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day one hundred and two: 90s music dance party

I don’t know why I never thought to bring CDs to work until today but the revelation to do so has blow my mind.

I’m the only front-of-house employee kicking around in the morning so I don’t turn on the music until we’re officially open. We have the radio tuned to FAB 94.3 partly because it’s the only station that doesn’t have static and partly because it’s really good.  Normally,while I'm opening the restaurant, I listen to one of three podcasts:
In an attempt to mix it up a bit today I went with a sweet Dollarstore CD I purchased called Maximum Edge 90s (only the hits) and so far, it's working out awesome -- so much so that I've vetoed playing hits from the 60s and 70s and thus the New Shop has been transformed into a 90s music dance party town, population: me. 

What are some of the great tunes I've been listening to you ask? 

How about the hit 90s television series Party of Five theme song by the BoDeans


Or a little gem we all know called Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something:




Now everyday can be a 90s dance party day.

No comments:

Post a Comment