Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day ninety three: I love meat


When I was in high school I was a vegetarian for a very short-lived time. I made the bush league mistake of cooking a tofu hotdog in the microwave forever condemning the machine to smell of sweaty gym clothes.

I love meat (that's what she said) and in my fight against vegetarianism I've pledged to eat three animals for every animal a vegetarian or vegan doesn't eat. 

Tonight at (insert real name here) three people at a table for six ordered the same steak. Two of them asked for their steak to be cooked well-done and the third asked for his steak to be medium. I’ll never understand how a person can enjoy an over cooked piece of meat. Steak is not meant to be cooked well-done but I'm not the one eating it so what do I  care? 


Not every restaurant will ask a diner to cut into his or her steak but the ones that do have a reason for doing so. We want to know if your meat is cooked the way you want/ordered it.


This table didn't want to cut into their steaks and lo and behold they got the wrong steaks and I had to get a new steak re-fired. In the end everyone was happy with their food but situations like this can be avoided in one of two ways:

  1. Don't eat over cooked meat
  2. When a server asks you to cut into your steak to check if it's done, do it

No comments:

Post a Comment