Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day one hundred and ten: cash money

A while ago I mentioned a little bet amongst several members of the (insert real name here) serving staff. The idea was to abstain from (insert real name here) food for as long as possible.
The buy in -- $5, the prize -- all the money (and glory).


I'm happy to report that all the glory is mine. I wasn't sure what movie montage song to sing repeatedly and/or re-enact. The end of Teen Wolf when Michael J Fox plays the big game as himself rather than his alter ego basketball superstar wolf self? That made no sense so I went with a classic -- a Rocky training montage. Running around the restaurant jumping up and down singing Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti probably annoyed some people but it seemed like the only viable option.



It's not an easy feat, sure I make it look easy.


When people started handing me over five dollar bills I started getting an overwhelming sense of superiority not unlike that of a certain Peanuts character by the name of Lucy van Pelt.


I played Lucy in a school play when I was in the 5th grade -- how fitting. She's a bit of a know-it-all and very bossy -- traits I had tried to shed over the years but somehow haven't managed to elude. The only line I remember from that play has been running through my head since I won the bet:


"Boy, what a sound! How I love to hear that old money clink, that beautiful sound of cold hard cash." 



No comments:

Post a Comment