Friday, January 7, 2011

Day ninety eight: lying to strangers.

I like lying to strangers.

I especially like lying to strangers that come into eat at (insert real name here). I can only have the same conversation about the weather before I start wanting to blow my brains out.

We get a pretty decent movie crowd before and after a show so in the interest of making conversation I tend to tell my tables I’ve seen the movie they just watched or are going to.

For example, today I told a table that I thought Black Swan was pretty good the first time I saw it but it made much more sense the second time around once I looked up the story of Swan Lake and pick out the parallels between the movie and the ballet. 



What do I actually know about the movie? There’s a lesbian sex scene and Natalie Portman does some ballet.


Another flick I like to lie about is the King’s Speech. At first I said that both times I had seen the movie it was so good that everyone applauded, both times! I haven't been to a movie that ended in applause since the 1994 major animated picture the Lion King. I've since added that Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush work so well on screen together it's like they've known each other their entire lives and I'm impressed that the film maintained historical accuracy. At this point I generally hope that my table doesn't start talking about King George VI or World War II. 



What do I actually know about the movie? Colin Firth is a dreamboat. 

So what movie had I seen in the past few months that I could truthfully critique? Jackass 3D. It’s pretty gross and the 3D technology is unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment