Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day one hundred and thirteen: bending the rules

I think it’s safe to say that everyone bends the rules at their place of work from time to time and working in a restaurant is certainly no exception.

At (insert real name here) I’ve been known to jazz up my coffee a little bit with some chocolate or caramel sauce – maybe even a shot of whip from time to time but you never know whose eyes are on you and whether the mouth that belongs to those eyes is going to go tattle. So it’s best to avoid having a snack on line with food from the restaurant.

I’d feel pretty stupid getting a stern talking to from the boss maybe even a little bad about myself -- sorta like the fat kid in elementary school who stole food from everybody’s lunches.


I have no desire to get in trouble at work. Lately my attitude has been less than desirable at work which I'm sure I'll be hearing about any day now, I don't need to add more fuel to the fire. 


I have a feeling that if I were to get in trouble one of two things would happen: the bad attitude would boost to dangerous levels or I'd start crying. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when I get in trouble I tend to cry. Sure 99% of the time it's out of a place of frustration but that's hard to articulate when my nose is running and the uncontrollable sobs are making it difficult to even get a word out. 


What can I say? I tend to overreact but I'm working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment