Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day ninety nine: lying to coworkers

Lying to strangers is fun but what's even more fun is lying to people I work with. Lying to people I know is more of a challenge because I'm bad at it. I get flushed and start to laugh not to mention maintaining the lie


One of the cooks at (insert real name here) quit for the second time to go up north and do some census work so it only seemed appropriate to start a rumour as to the "real" reason he was leaving -- with his permission of course. I was able to get as creative as possible since he has no plans on coming back -- I think his exact words were:
If anyone sees me walking back in at any point with a resume in my hand, please do me a favour and bludgeon me to death with the closest object at hand (or, if you are in a vehicle, accelerate rapidly into me, then back up a few times).
Rumours spread like wild fire in restaurants and it is truly amazing how gullible some people are.


I ended up telling people that the cook quit because he had one too many adult beverages with another cook one night resulting in the two fellas ending up in bed together and everything just seemed to fall into place after that. 


Let me preface this by saying that both guys knew what I was going to say and found it just as hilarious as I did and still do.




The heart wants what the heart wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment