Friday, January 14, 2011

Day one hundred and five: hives?


I’ve broken out in hives three times in as many days; the first time at (insert real name here) then at the New Shop and a third time again at (insert real name here). I don’t have any known allergies so I can only assume I’m dying. 

Now I'm not a doctor per se, but I do watch a couple medical dramas -- Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice and I have recently taken to inputting symptoms into the Symptom Checker search bar on Web MD

I typed in "itchy arms" and the only thing that came up was that I have Down Syndrome


Well this is just great. I'm already stressed out as it is working two jobs now I have to deal with having Down Syndrome? I was hoping it was just a reaction to some chemical but no such luck. 

Now I'm wondering what else my parents have hidden from me. Am I adopted? Sure I bare a sticking resemblance to my brother but that can just be a coincidence. 

My rational mind says that maybe Web MD is wrong but that would be like saying not everything on the Internet is true and I refuse to believe it. 

Maybe I can start making more tips if I tell my tables if I tell them about my impediment -- use the Down Syndrome to my advantage. 

I Web MD searched hives just to be sure and although Down Syndrome is still a possible diagnosis, it seems like a little case of dermatitis is the culprit for my itchy arms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment