Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day seventy one: let the countdown begin!

I love Christmas and this year I get to spend it with my whole family. This doesn't happen too often seeing as how we're spread out from coast-to-coast. By spread out I mean everyone lives in British Columbia except for my parents who are in Newfoundland and me, by myself, here in Winnipeg.

I am SO excited to spend five-ish days away from the wind chill with all of my family at the same time. It's been years since the last time we were all together, let alone at Christmas time. I'm equally excited for some days off that I haven't had in some time. Between the two restaurants I work seven days a week. 

The past couple of years I've had to forego the traditional (insert my real last name here) Christmas. For as long I can remember Christmas Eve was spent in a mad fury of last minute present wrapping and watching Christmas movies.

There was never a shortage of Christmas movies in the (insert my real last name here) household:
This goes on. My absolute all time favourite has to be White Christmas starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen:




It's the kind of movie that makes you forget that Bing allegedly hit his children and fills you with Christmas cheer. 


Let's get real here for a moment. The thing that I'm most excited about is PRESENTS! Sure Christmas is about celebrating with friends and family and being with those you love but it's mostly about the presents. 


This year I'm stepping it up a notch. Instead of adding my name to the gifts my parents bought for everyone, I'm going to cross their names out and write my own in. It seems only fair. 


12 more days until I'm out of here, can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment