Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day eighty nine: fast food

Between my two jobs I rarely have the time or the energy to cook for myself anymore. I haven't been grocery shopping in ages and I haven't yet come across a recipe that calls for chick peas, jam and Bisquick (the contents of my cupboard and/or fridge). 

Tonight I rolled up to the Burger King drive-thru for a delicious Whopper with cheese meal. I got Coke Zero to drink so it totally balances out. 

Burger King is the most delicious of all fast food in my opinion and they have coupons all the time. McDonalds is gross. If the Burger King and Ronald McDonald got into a fight, you know that the Burger King would win because he's got  

What awful drive thru food lacks in true sustenance, it makes up for in free condiments. I haven't paid for ketchup in months. 

Sure I will suffer, dearly, the consquences for eating a Whopper over the next couple of days with gut rot, self loathing and the assorted ailments that are associated with such but if, for whatever reason, I find myself needing Zesty Dipping Sauce or honey mustard in a pinch, I'm all set. 

The key to getting fresh fast food is to make modifications to the burger. Yes, I like a Whopper the way it is but if I'm going to clog my arteries an bring myself one step closer to adult diabetes - by way of food - I'm going to make sure my grub is hot and fresh. It's as simple as asking for extra lettuce or for the cheese to be placed directly on the bun. This ensures a freshly made burger at no extra cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment