Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day eighty two: return of the split shift


Today I’m working a split shift at (insert real name here). I haven’t worked a split shift in ages, not including the days I work at both restaurants.

Normally, I’d have a nosh and read the paper or a book but today I’m catching up on some unfinished work while I abstain from eating (insert real name here) food. It’s not a soon-to-be New Year’s resolution but yet another opportunity to make bank on some unsuspecting co-workers. 

Several servers are giving up (insert real name here) food and while willpower has its merits, money speaks volumes.  The guidelines are simple:
·      Don’t eat (insert real name here) food
·      Get money

When someone cracks and eats grub from the restaurant $5 goes into the pot until there is one server standing – he or she gets the cash and it starts all over again.

If it were up to me I’d keep a chart to truly hone in on everyone’s food shame.

It’s been three days and I feel like that kid from Wife Swap who loses his mind when his bacon is threatened.





Maybe it’s that not that extreme but he does make some valid points about bacon. 

One gal is already out. And I’m counting on the honour system to keep the rest, myself included, in line

No comments:

Post a Comment