Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day eighty eight: back to the grind

I should have looked more closely at my itinerary. For whatever reason my understanding of military time went straight out the window and when I saw 22:30 hours as my arrival time I thought it meant 10:30 am.


I thought I would have an entire day to myself before going back to working doubles. What a fool I am.


I had some time to kill because my plane was late leaving Vancouver and the plane to take me home was late arriving in Calgary. These things happen and when they do you make the best of the situation -- grab a bite to eat and look for a spot to get some wi-fi.


Let me just say this, the Calgary Airport has stricter firewalls set up than a high school computer lab. I was denied access to perezhilton.com because the Calgary Airport Authority deemed it to be inappropriate. Really Calgary Airport Authority? Since when are you the authority on anything other than the Calgary Airport? And while we're on the subject, why are you limiting my internet access 15 minutes at a time? How am I supposed to distract myself from the little girl throwing a temper tantrum at the table to my right and the server telling the table to my left a story about her cat? 


I'm going on record here and saying that the service at the Calgary Airport Chili's by gate 18 has the worst service ever. I didn't even want to leave a tip for my server but I couldn't bring myself to teach her a lesson by stiffing her because:

  1. She is probably too stupid to realize she's a bad server
  2. As a server, I can't bring myself to do something like that
Instead, I tipped her and I have decided to set a goal for myself -- be a better server than the brain dead gal at the Calgary Aiport Chili's.

I have decided to set a goal for myself -- be a better server than the brain dead gal at the Calgary Aiport Chili's. So far it's been working out awesome. I haven't told a story about my cat once. 


It would appear I'm not the only one who feels this way about Chili's: 

No comments:

Post a Comment