Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day twenty eight: employee incentives.






Every so often management tries to get the servers to, simply put, try. Most of the time it's a competition to see who can sell the most of a particular adult beverage and most of the time the prize is an appetizer or dessert from (insert real name here).

I can't think of anything less appealing than food from (insert real name here) as the prize. This isn't to say I don't like the food but spinach dip doesn't bring out the competitor in me. I have won a couple of these competitions before but it was just plain luck that my entire section was sucking back over-priced Sangrias.


Fact of the matter is, if you want me to care, nachos aren't gonna get the gung ho going (please note the alliteration). If you want me to try the incentive is simple and who better to put it into words than Academy Award winner and star of the box office smash Snow Dogs, Cuba Gooding Jr.: 



It's the age old truth, and half title from Wall Street 2, money talks. 


Tonight, we played Hot Potato. The premise sell something on a list of menu items and get the potato. If you're holding onto the potato when the manage yells out "potato" you win $5. 


If you think this is gonna light the proverbial fire under all our server asses then you, my friend, are correct. 


Long story short, I'm $10 richer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment