Friday, October 29, 2010

Day twenty nine: blogging.

I don't know which is more difficult, living only on tips or maintaining a blog.


I didn't take into consideration the days that an idea just doesn't spark, or just being so tired that the last thing I want to do is sit in front of my macbook and type away.


I should have known better. I couldn't even keep a journal or diary as a kid for more than three days. I think it's because I'm an Aries which means two things:
  1. I'm a procrastinator that gets bored easily. 
  2. My birthday isn't for another five months so there is plenty of time to get me a present. 
My mom is on my everyday to make sure I get my ass in gear and get my work done. She said "(Insert my name here) I'd hate to see you get stuck in a place where you are miserable having known you could have avoided it."

She's short but wise, that mother of mine. 

It's nice to know that I have someone who's got my back but I can only operate with that safety net for so long before I have to start making moves for myself. 

I was watching an episode of Parenthood based on the major motion picture starring Steve Martin when believe it or not the NBC comedy-drama? Dramady? Comedy-drama (sounds less pretentious) struck a chord:

"Life will knock you down more times than you can possibly imagine. Don't knock yourself down." 

It's time to stop knocking myself down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment