Monday, October 18, 2010

Day seventeen.

Working in a restaurant has destroyed my ability to wake up and be productive before 11 a.m. I don't have a consistent schedule from week to week so my sleeping pattern is all out of whack. Generally I set my alarm to be up for at least a couple hours before I go to work but I end up hitting the snooze for two hours or just resetting my alarm.


Today I worked at noon. I have four lunch shifts this week which I am not happy about in the least. Lunch shifts usually mean I only work for two or three hours and make terrible money. The higher the bill, the more tips a server makes. It's hard to get a table to order booze at lunch because most of the time the tables are seniors who rarely drink or people who are popping in on their lunch hour not looking to go back to work smelling like a distillery. Most of the time people get the $6.99 lunch special and water. I made about $20 today. I was hoping for more cash than that but I suppose it'll do.


Tonight I'm going to the King's Head for CreCommedy night. Creative Communication students from Red River College are performing a few minutes of stand-up comedy. Last year I took Kenton Larsen's comedy writing class and the stand-up night was my absolute favourite assignment from the entire year.


***Update***


CreCommedy night was a lot of fun. There was a great turn out and some pretty funny comedy. To be fair, there was some pretty awful comedy too. I'm looking forward to next week when the rest of the group is up to bare their souls on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment