Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day eighteen.

Hours in a restaurant are unpredictable. I can't make definite plans to go out to a movie because I never know what time I'll get out. Tonight I closed the restaurant. Close shifts usually go to the servers who have worked at (insert real name here) the longest. It's a seniority thing. I'm lucky enough that my front of hour manager throws me a bone every so often and schedules me to close. 


My last table left at 9:30 and the other close server still had a few so once I was finished with all of my chores: rolling cutlery, wiping down the counters, wrapping up the expo station (putting away sauces, garnishes, etc) I was able to pose out and go to the movies. It was cheapie night which makes getting out of work in time to catch a flick even more powerful awesome. 


I saw Jackass 3D. Technically my first 3D movie, aside from Hubble at the IMAX, which I fell asleep at, and a sweet lazer show at Science World in Vancouver. I've got to be the only person I know who hasn't seen Avitar. I've already seen Fern Gully and that was enough of an emotional rollercoaster when I was a child I don't need to see the grownup version in three dimensions. Not interested. 


Jackass 3D was alright. I would have felt the same way if it wasn't in 3D. I don't really care much for the technology to be honest. It was unnecessary for this movie. I think I'm getting too old for the antics of Jackass too. I almost threw up 4 or 5 times, a sure sign that I am growing weary in my old age. Steve-O looked pretty haggard too. Now that he's off dope and booze getting tossed around my a ram or drinking someone's sweat don't seem like great ideas anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment