Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day thirteen.

I have a day off... sorta. 


On Wednesdays I have class in the afternoon. I normally don't get scheduled at (insert real name here) so I consider it my pseudo day off. 


On days like these I try to get some work done, key word being "try". By work I mean cleaning my apartment. 


Keeping my apartment clean is one of the most difficult things for me to do. I am a secret lazy person. I am so effin' lazy. 


Cleaning for me is like going to the gym. I know it's good for me but I'd rather watch four episodes of Teen Mom then feel bad about myself after. 


I spend too much waiting for my life to start. I used to have such high hopes for myself but those aspirations have since faded away and I only have my laziness to blame for that. It's like I blinked and boom! (Insert my name here)! This is your life. I'm 26 years old, still not finished University/College and I feel stuck on a treadmill (my least favourite of all the cadio equipment). It isn't the worst feeling, I'm sure but it blows. I'm constantly thinking "tomorrow is another day, things will be different by then".  


Whoa... heavy right? 


I'm putting my foot down today. I will clean and do laundry. I will not rest on my tail only to neglect my personal responsibilities for terrible MTV reality programming. 


Step one: sign up for laundry time


Each floor in my building has a laundry room. A FREE laundry room. This fine feature adds to the overall coolness of my apartment. There is a schedule posted on the wall that allots for each suite to have a guaranteed 4-hour slot to do laundry. I've been here since May 2009 and I just signed up for Wednesday evening from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. I use Gain because Gain  smell is the best smell of all laundry soap smells. 


I usually stick to smells that fall in the Gain Laundry Detergent category. Rainshower, clean linen... those are the air freshener smells I like. Country Apple, Lavender Breeze... gross. Same rule applies with the tree-shaped car fresheners: new car scent is the ultimate car freshener. I used to stick the tree in the car vents when I drove my mom's car around so she couldn't smell the cigarette smoke. But she knew... oh she knew. 


Talk about getting side tracked. 


Step two: get motivated


I'm not exactly sure how this one goes...

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading this on Thursday and am curious if you cleaned your apartment and did laundry yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apartment is super clean and I did two loads of laundry. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I don't need to feel guilty for abandoning my well being for an episode of Jersey Shore and the Office.

    It's like having to pee and not being able to get to a bathroom for 45 minutes. But when you get to that bathroom... boom! Greatest sense of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your next challenge: keeping it clean.

    ReplyDelete