Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day two.

I went grocery shopping today before work. I wish I would have had enough foresight to bring my reusable shopping bags with me because then at least I'd only buy as much stuff as I could fit in my bags rather than the 8 bags of food I ended up with. 


That was the last time I ever go shopping without a list but with only a wallet full of cash. I spent $70 from the $120 I started the out with this morning. 


Today was nowhere near as busy at yesterday:
  • total sales $29.30
  • tips earned $6.00
I had to tip out the kitchen $1. 

I've only got an hour to kill because I offered to start my dinner shift early. I'm hoping that if I'm not going to make any money from tips today, I might as well get the hours in. Yesterday I hit overtime and a repeat is the goal tonight. Fortunately, servers in Manitoba, and all over Canada for that matter, make minimum wage. Yesterday, minimum wage in Manitoba went from $9/hr to $9.50/hr. Somedays, including my tips, I make $25/hr. 

I doubt this will be the case tonight. I can already hear the speculation as to why (insert real name here) isn't busy. "The Bomber game is on tonight at nine, I bet a lot of people are staying home to watch it." 

Yeah right. 

Winnipeg Blue Bomber fans who are staying in to watch the game are for sure not the reason (insert real name here) will be dead. (Insert real name here) will be slow tonight because there is no way I'm gonna make sweet, sweet cash two nights in a a row. It never happens but it would be powerful awesome if it did. 

Go Blue Go. 


****Update****

No comments:

Post a Comment