Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day twenty-seven: make friends with the cooks.

If there's one thing I can't stress enough it is to MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE COOKS.

At (insert real name here) the cooks don't sabotage a table for a nasty server (at least I don't think they do) but they can certainly make life easier in the event of a problem. Let me clarify. 


Let's say I forget to punch in an order and don't realize my glaring mistake for 15 minutes until I go to the kitchen to check on the progress of said table's food. A friend in the kitchen can go a long way when it comes to getting my food out "on the fly." 


"On the fly" means fast, pronto, as soon as possible, right effing now! You get the point. 


There have been a few times when a cook(s) have saved me and thus kept me in the good graces of a table resulting in a good tip. I show my appreciation to those cooks by giving them a little extra come time for tip share. 



There is one particular cook, however, that drives me and everyone else at (insert real name here) insane. We have had words on numerous occasions and each time I get annoyed with myself because I should have know better than to get into a verbal throwdown with someone less capable than myself. She is an idiot who thinks her ability far exceeds anyone else. Her mantra: "I'm not just a pretty face, I can cook too." 


Wrong. On both counts. 


But, and I stress this, the last thing I need to do is add fuel to her incompetent fire and make an enemy in the kitchen. I make a concentrated effort to be nice and not let my frustration get the best of me because sometimes, I need her to make my food a priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment