Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day forty seven: haunted restaurant.

To save a couple bucks I've mostly been staying in or watching movies (and inevitably falling asleep drooling and snoring) with friends. I'm lucky that I don't have more than a 10 minute walk to visit said friends, at least the ones that live near me. The only issue I have is that walking in my neighborhood after dark freaks me out because I feel through my excessive viewing of the Law and Order and all of the franchises I have worked myself into a state of paranoia. 


Lately, I've become extra spooked because I found out the New Shop is (allegedly) haunted. I have to do some investigating to fully understand just how haunted it is. I don't get scared of the ghosts when I'm working because I am only there in the day time and everyone knows ghosts like the dark. 


I don’t know if I believe in ghosts per se but I am freaked out by the supernatural and other worldly. I think this stems from when my mom told me in the third grade that I am NOT allowed to play with a Ouili board or bring one into our house. She said that using a Ouija Board is the same as inviting the devil into your home.


So clearly, I used one at my friend’s house, we’ll call that friend Brittney. Brittney was the weirdo friend who lived with her Hungarian grandparents. Her grandparents didn’t necessarily have a firm grasp of what is appropriate for a child to be exposed to and at what age.

Brittney's grandma rented us Hellraiser when we were in the 4th grade. Or it was probably more like Hellraiser 3 or 4. This probably has something to do with why I can’t watch scary movies. 





I draw the line at mid-90s psychological thrillers starring Morgan Freeman and/or Denzel (Washington). I feel as if I can just call Denzel Washington Denzel because I grew up in a generation that did.

Fact: Denzel is brilliant in the Bone Collector. You should see the Bone Collector because it is totally a really good movie. 

Moral of the story, Brittney’s grandma made totally awesome sugar cookies all the time so am I upset that I can’t bring myself to watch the Saw franchise? No. Those  cookies were totally worth my innocence.

Whoa. The candle holder on my table just exploded. 

My first thoughts: Did I drop my wine glass? Is it still in my hand?

My rational mind says it’s because the wick was still burning after there was no more wax so the glass holder exploded from the heat but my corrupted Ouija Board Hellraiser 7 mind says it’s a ghost that followed me home front the new restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment