Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day forty nine: downtown.

I love Downtown Winnipeg. There was a point in my life when I was working, going to school and living Downtown. So many great things happen Downtown. 

Today a man handed me a pamphlet from the Church of Scientology; which, by the way (fun fact alert); is a legitimate word as far as spellcheck is concerned on Microsoft Word but (fun fact alert #2) not on Facebook chat.

I truly appreciated that the man could recognize the same star power and charisma in me as that of Tom Cruise or John Travolta and Kelly Preston. But then I saw him starting to pass out the pamphlets to everyone who passed him on the street. 

There's a part in Dave Chappelle's Block Party, about 26 minutes into the unrated version, where a super crazy lady tells Chappelle:

“My life isn’t as young as perhaps I may look but I intend to live until to probably about 400. As I am also a witch but a good witch and I only want happiness for mankind not to create chaos and to be angry at everyone but to be happy around them. That is my aim in life to give happiness to the world. “

This is what I imagine the logic of Scientology to be except with more lazers.

That took me 15 minutes to transcribe; I would be a terrible court stenographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment