Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day forty: another job.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment I got another serving job at a little restaurant downtown. This New Shop is a far departure from (insert real name here). 


When I started at (insert real name here) I had five days of training before I was able to go off on my own to serve the masses. At the New Shop I was trained for roughly an hour before I was thrown into the lunch rush. 


With limited, actually zero menu knowledge, I was serving tables. I find that when I am put into a situation like that, my best chance is to jump right in and hope for the best. I had some very understanding tables and made a few bucks. 


My logic is that if I'm living off my my tips I might as well get another job to I can make more tips even if it means that I will be working split shifts everyday and that my hours just got a lot longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment