Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day fifty six: it's all in the cards.

The New Shop is the polar opposite of (insert real name here). (Insert real name here) has a children's menu and the New Shop has tarot card readers.



The New Shop has been around for decades and has changed hands a few times as far as owners go, but the tradition of tarot card readings has remained a constant.


I thought it was a goofy idea at first but they book up faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100 meter, which is really fast. Less than 10 seconds? Are you kidding me? I get winded after running half a block.


I decided to get a reading done today. I had to see first-hand what all this hullabaloo was about.


Here's my reading in a nutshell:


Did I grow up on a farm? No, but I shouldn't be surprised if I find myself going horse back riding in the next six weeks.


Everything I've been working towards, all the stepping stones I've put in order and all my "hard work" will come together in six weeks.


I am left-eye dominant and, like 15% of the population, prefer when people communicate to me through it.


I have a younger brother who isn't here. No, I have an older brother who lives in Vancouver.


I will take a trip in the next six weeks.


She talked for a while about the left eye thing and how my brother and I are the best of friends will always have a spiritual connection. That's when I realized by "not here" she meant in the physical realm. Well my brother isn't dead and sure we're pals but that's probably because he lives in another time zone.


$10 of my hard earned tips for that sage advice.


So obviously I'll get them done again.

No comments:

Post a Comment