Friday, February 18, 2011

Day one hundred and thirty nine: murder house

The New Shop has the creepiest basement in all of Winnipeg. My old apartment's laundry room that looked like an abandoned mental institution with it's sea foam green walls doesn't even come close. I do my best to stay out of if because it feels like a murder house (a house where people are murdered). 




Every time I’ve had to go into the basement I make sure to bring someone down with me, preferably someone less agile so that if I need to flee, no one will be in my way.




The New Shop is haunted and even though everyone knows that ghosts only come out at night I still find myself a little on edge, which in turn makes me an easier target for trickery.

It doesn’t take much to make me jump or give out a little (blood curdling) scream which some of the staff (all) think it’s fun to do to me on a weekly (daily) basis.

A couple days ago I was so startled by the Chef jumping out from behind a wall that I screamed then threw an empty plastic soda crate at him before I topped backwards and fell on the floor. What can I say? I’ve got unreal survival instincts.

So in order to get back at him I thought I’d hide in the freezer and pop out when he opened it.

My mom didn’t like this when I told her about this after the fact because even though I didn’t get locked in the freezer, there was still a chance I could have gotten locked in the freezer and that “doesn’t sit well” with her.

Fun fact: I am awful at scaring people because I start laughing right before the scaring takes place. I think it’s a nervous tick.

His reaction left much to be desired as far as fright is concerned as he barely batted an eye and left out a relaxed "whoa." Ideally, I’d like it to be along the lines of this: 




Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment