Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day one hundred and thirty: coffee

Coffee is readily available in a restaurant at any given time but every morning I try to drag my ass out of bed early enough so I have time to stop at Starbucks for a coffee before I start my day at the New Shop.


There was a time that I shucked lattes at a Starbucks and those six and a half years helped me to develop quite a taste for the stuff. 



Now I can't be 100% positive but I'm fairly certain the amount of coffee I consume on a day-to-day basis is starting to give me an ulcer or at the very least a slight case of acid reflux

I could just as easily start my day off with a cup of joe from the New Shop but it's nowhere near as satisfying. All I can say is get out of my dreams and into my car Venti Americano Misto. 


It helps that the girls at my Starbucks start making my drink the second I walk through the door and write little notes on my cup like:


Have a great day (insert my real name here)!
or
(Insert my real name here) is Awesome!  
or
Yesterday your skirt was tucked into your tights but I didn't tell you because you were wearing headphones and I didn't want to bother you, sorry. 

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I always give them a good tip. As someone who works in the service industry and a former barista, I always leave a tip for the coffee girls regardless if they are behind a counter or not because after all, we're all in this together. 

Whether it's the coffee itself or the daily ritual I make a point of getting Starbucks and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment