Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day one hundred and forty one: guest driven/passionate

Employee review time continues and I am breaking down each category so when I sit down and discuss them with management, I am beyond prepared. 


Category #2: Guest driven/passionate


Associate does everything they can to ensure a "WOW" experience for our guests. Upbeat, positive, friendly and passionate about their job with guests/co-workers.


(insert real name here) 


When I go up to a table to introduce myself and tell them will be looking after them for their meal I like to let them know it "may or may not be a good thing" depending on their expectations. If they are willing to keep their expectations low, then we're off to a great start. 


To truly determine if I give a table a "WOW" experience we must look at the word "WOW" itself. 


Dictionary.com defines "wow" as: 



But since the self-evaluation has capitalized "wow" I am led to believe that what they're really asking is if I am providing the "World of Warcraft experience" and to that I have to say no, no I am not. What does a "massive multi-player online role playing game" have to do with my abilities as a server? 

If the management at (insert real name here) wants me to take this assessment seriously then they shouldn't be asking such ridiculous questions. 

While I am "upbeat, positive and friendly" I can say that I'm not passionate about World of Warcraft, I've never played it -- I'm more of a Dr. Mario kinda gal. 

Now Dr. Mario? That's a game to be passionate about. 

(New Shop)

I don't play World of Warcraft there either, but there are ghosts so I guess that's close? I can't really be sure.

My rating? Exceeds expectations regardless of these outlandish demands.  

1 comment: