Monday, February 21, 2011

Day one hundred and forty two: results

The employee review continues...


Category #3: Results


Associate meets personal and company goals established by managers. Sets personal goals and works tirelessly towards accomplishing. 


(insert real name here) 


Getting a little personal, aren't we (insert real name here)? I don't think that it's appropriate for management to be establishing "personal" goals for me nor do I think it's any of their business whether or not I "work tirelessly" towards accomplishing the ones I set for myself. I know what kind of goals I've set for myself and what I do in the hours outside of (insert real name here) is none of their business. 


For example:

  • To not be in crippling debt 5 years from now
  • Keep my apartment clean for more than 7 hours
  • Finish the Sunday New York Times Crossword puzzle... without cheating
That all said I am open to any goals that management has for me as far as work is concerned. I call those "work goals". 

For example:
  • Be more patient when select co-workers ask stupid questions
  • Stop eating whipped cream from the reach in fridge
  • Stop breaking plates when I get angry -- just because my dad's cousin Scott married a Greek girl and I know view myself as being Greek even though I've never met her or her family or have I seen Scott since a family reunion in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in the early 90s, it's not OK to smash plates on the kitchen floor (hypothetically speaking of course) 



(New Shop) 


My goals here are simple. Pull off a prank to scare all of the jerks I work with that scare me -- something so terrifying that I evoke this response:




Part of me feels like I have to rate myself as DN -- Does not meet expectations, but a greater part of me knows better. My rating? Exceeds expectations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment