Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Living Conditions.

I live in a one bedroom apartment. I love my apartment and never want to move. This may be because I've painted a wall in the living room blue and I dread the idea of ever having to change it back to "apartment white". Also, I don't like living with anyone else except my parents but they moved to a different province five years ago so that option is out of the question.

Some people loathe the idea of living with their parents. Not me. I'd live with my parents for as long as they'd have me but then I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in and this whole experiment of living off my tips wouldn't exist.

Aside from rent my monthly bills include phone, internet and hydro. I had cable for a while. It was one of those "pay $14 a month for three months" schemes where you end up paying $80 because a combination of laziness and forgetfulness kick in to thwart the intentions of getting rid of said cable once the sweet deal expires.

I forgot to mention groceries and transportation. I suspect the quality of my food will go downhill considerably over the next six months and ramen noodles will become a more frequent occurrence.

I also predict that my alcohol consumption will be at an all time low. I did come to a crossroads just the other day when deciding between buying toilet paper or going to drink beers at the bar down the street. I even pondered the idea of using paper towel, of which I have a surplus, and/or stealing a roll of toilet paper from the bar I was planning to drink beers.

My mother will be happy to know I opted for the toilet paper (purchased). This was strictly based on the fact that paper towels would probably clog my toilet and the less I bug my caretaker Barry for anything the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment