Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Restaurant.

Like I mentioned before I will not be revealing which restaurant I work at but there's a good chance you've been there.


When ever someone asks where I serve I sheepishly say "(insert real name here)" and more often than not that person's response is "I LOVE (insert real name here)!"And each time I get this reaction I am as surprised as the first time. I said it before and I'll say it again, I really like my job especially since I can have all the free pop I want except iced tea. Iced tea is off limits. 


The restaurant is a corporate chain. There are rules and regulations that help maintain consistency throughout all of the stores all over Canada and the US. Obviously these guys are doing something right because they've been kicking around for quite some time. This is most likely due to the hundreds of dollars they save each year in iced tea. 


There are three categories of staff: Front of House (FOH), Back of House (BOH) and management.


The FOH staff are the servers, bartenders and hosts. The BOH staff are the line cooks and dishwashers. The management is, well, management.  


Generally speaking, outside of work the FOH hangs out with the FOH and likewise with the BOH. That doesn't mean that we all aren't one big happy dysfunctional (insert real name here) family it's just the way it goes. 


Restaurants are notorious for gossip and rumours. I think a big part of this is because alcohol induced loose lips. When I think about it that's another thing restaurants are notorious for: a motley crew of drinkers, smokers and dopers.


Have patience. We'll get to all that good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment