Monday, September 27, 2010

The People. (Part 1)

The type of people that eat at (insert real name here) are a mixed bag. We get people from all walks of life including a lot of seniors.

Seniors love (insert real name here) and the 10% discount we offer them. And I love seniors, most of the time.

I know when I have a table of blue hairs there is a good chance I won't be making much money but the majority of the time seniors are the best tables to serve. It doesn't take much to make them happy and more often than not seniors are up for a laugh.

There's a old gal that comes in a few times a week. She normally gets booze of some sort then something for dinner. The bill is never more that $15 (after her seniors discount) and generally she leaves a looney on the table. I have served her several times and senility has made her, some might say, bat shit crazy but she's just happy to have someone to talk to I think.

9 times out of 10 seniors will order water with a particular menu item, that if I were to be more specific,  the secret identity of (insert real name here) wouldn't be much of a secret.

When a seniors walk through the door they know just as well as I do what's for lunch and/or dinner. The consistency makes my job easier.

This isn't to say that there's not the occasional old bag or grumpy old asshole who can suck the joy out of the room for the hour they park themselves and their walkers at one of my tables but that can be said about anyone, regardless the age.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment